Today I ended up with a sore shoulder from working on a drawing last night and today for several hours. My biggest mistake was to not take frequent breaks and stretch my arms as I was concentrating too hard and having fun. It’s the kind muscle soreness that hurts when you turn your head to the side.
With any repetitive motion or stationary work, the rule of thumb is to take a break ever hour and stretch. For myself I think I’m going to use the timer on my phone to remind me to take breaks. If you’re at a desk all day, set up a calendar reminder to go off every hour. Not only will you give your body a break, you’ll be doing your eyes a favor as well.
You can treat sore muscles with a poultice which is a raw ingredient applied either directly to the area in need or enclosed in cloth and then applied. There are many home remedy ingredients available to you for sore muscle relief and for this recipe we will be using apple cider vinegar.
Sore Muscle Relief Recipe
- 1 Cup apple cider vinegar
- Microwaveable bowl
- Pour the vinegar into the bowl and microwave for about one minute until hot
- Immerse the clean washcloth into the vinegar then wring out enough liquid to keep from dripping (Allow the washcloth to cool a little before applying.)
- Apply the washcloth to the sore muscle and leave on for 15 minutes or until cool
- Rinse skin with soap and water to remove the vinegar odor
Having sore muscles can put anyone in a bad mood. Avoid getting angry by remembering to get up and stretch often.
Kitchen Cupboard Underground is a weekly blog on home remedies and natural wellness. Find 100% natural, wellness and personal care products Made for You and delivered to your door at BotanicalTherapy.com.
Explore over a hundred useful blog topics in the Underground Archive.
Receive Kitchen Cupboard Underground with a Free Subscription.